VIVA L'AFRIQUE


The idea behind the song: "... a white boy is trying to write a song on Africa, but since he's never been there, he can only tell what he's seen on TV or remembers in the past (much like WE can relate to)." - Jeff (Toto)

"At the beginning of the 80's I watched a late night documentary on TV about all the terrible death and suffering of the people in Africa. It both moved and appalled me and the pictures just wouldn't leave my head. I tried to imagine how I'd feel about if I was there and what I'd do" - David Paich


Amadou & Miriam create a masterpiece. This is the one because it's the right idea at the right time: a bundle of joy for a hurting planet. It's so all-inclusive --- "an original East Coast-West Coast collaboration", Shouts rapper friend K'naan --- A song about Africa and it's beauty ravished, untamed...Just listen.

World Cup 2010!

No comments: